What does it take for your partner experience to be great? Whether you buy or build your own partner portal, what do you expect from your partner experience?
Every business is different and may utilize the channel partner opportunity in different ways, but the essential point is – everybody wants to drive revenue. It’s necessary when approaching the partner relationship to consider it from both the partner’s point of view and the vendor’s point of view. Gaining this full picture will help you self-evaluate the effectiveness of your partner portal.
So Why Is Your Partner Portal Experience So Important?
Indirect sales channels are becoming more present than ever in the marketplace. Therefore, keeping your content and strategy organized can help your business immensely.
- The scale of the partner sales landscape is immense. When businesses sell a product or service to another business, indirect channels are one of the top ways of getting in the door. The sheer amount of products and services available in today’s world can make it hard to compete for the attention of partners. Building relationships and maintaining a strong partner portal can help you differentiate yourselves and in turn sell your product through your channels more effectively.
- Your partners have lots of choices. Your channel partners are always being given new/different opportunities. If you don’t stay vigilant, your partners can pick and choose all kinds of other suppliers in your marketplace and lose attention on your product.
- Experience is king. Not only do you want to provide a great experience for your partners, but also for the end customer of your product as well. Maintaining consistent messaging and brand throughout the process can be more difficult than it should be if you don’t have an effective partner portal.
How Do You Make Sure Your Partner Channels Are Performing as Well As They Can?
Defining the success of your partner channel programs can be different in many cases. Everyone will come up with a different answer for what a great partner experience looks like. But everyone will say that having an easy-to-use, efficient partner experience is important. As both vendors and partners come to expect intuitive software in both their personal and professional lives, a simple and effective partner experience is becoming the differentiator between keeping a partner or losing one.
There are a few things you can monitor to make sure you take full advantage of your partner channel programs:
- Find a common mission. You and your partners must have the same vision for your product or service. Staying on the same page will help drive revenue and move your product and service forward.
- Keep your eyes open for opportunities and weaknesses. Don’t become complacent. You have to keep working with your partners and trying new things in order to optimize the performance of your channels. Look into your processes and make sure there is nothing you have overlooked.
- Use the data. Measure the performance of your partner activities and use appropriate benchmarks to keep striving for a better partner experience. Keeping track of where you’ve been and where you’re going is the best way to make sure you are making progress.